I started this project about a week ago, and it's probably about half done at this point. The platform is made of 1/8" wood and the columns are made from dowels and 1/8" wood. The broken sections are capped off with plaster to give them a more natural, crumbled look.
There's a bit more carving to be done, and lots of painting. I'm considering doing a bottom layer of foam that would be carved like stone work, like a support platform.
I decided to throw in a couple of guardian statues for flavor, breaking off the arm of one as though it was knocked off by falling debris.
That's all for now, but hopefully I'll get this finished up over the next week.